iHDL – Individual Hybrid Distance Learning course
Starting from $149 per month, for full pricing list see below..
We all know that it is possible to progress in learning Hebrew by using Ulpan-Or online self-study materials, and it is a lot cheaper than studying with a teacher.
However, opting for self-study could be very challenging in two main areas:
- It lacks the crucial component – having a live coach and partner for two-way conversations.
- It requires extremely strict discipline on the part of the student. Not very many can maintain disciplined learning on their own.
Therefore, Ulpan-Or came out up with a solution that lowers the price by basing the program on self-study on one hand, while keeping the coach/partner setup on the other.
That’s why we call it a Hybrid program.
The iHDL program has been designed to allow students to continue their Hebrew studies from the comfort of their home (or wherever they might be) while maintaining their regular business and social activities in place.
It comes in two variants:
1. Stand-alone program
As a stand-alone program, it is built on monthly modules, during which the student gets assignments twice a week on Monday and Thursday and he needs to submit those by Wednesday and Sunday respectively.
The assignments include written and oral exercises. Students need to email the written part and record the audio part using an easy-to-use audio recording app supplied by Ulpan-Or.
These are checked by the assigned Ulpan-Or teacher team and returned to the student with comments and remarks.
At the beginning of the program there is a 30 min. introductory/explanatory meeting with one of Ulpan-Or teachers.
At the end of each monthly module there is a conclusive 30 min. meeting with one of the teachers to review the process and set new goals for the next module.
Note: a team of teachers is assigned to work with a student, and each time could be a different teacher giving or checking the assignments.
2. Interleaved GDL/iHDL program
In an interleaved program, the iHDL module allows students to slightly slow the pace in between their GDL modules and consequently lower the overall cost.
Thus, the duration of a basic interleaved GDL/iHDL program is four months: GDL+iHDL+GDL+ iHDL.
Ulpan Or’s unique RLA (Rapid Language Acquisition) learning method is recognized by many international institutions world wide. Ask one of our representatives if your institution recognizes our diploma and/or program as credit worthy.
- Start speaking Hebrew from the first day .
- Advance in your Hebrew in leaps and bounds.
- Improve your reading and writing skills to a new level.
- Mingle with native Israeli teachers.
- Learn Hebrew in the comfort of your home/office.
- Build the confidence to speak with others in Hebrew.
- Have ongoing conversations in Hebrew.
*Based on a student’s commitment and effort to learn
- 1 month – $149
Cost, interleaved (GDL twice a week):
- GDL twice a week 1 month & iHDL – $609
- GDL twice a week 4 month & iHDL – $2,316 ($569/month)
- GDL twice a week 6 month & iHDL
- GDL twice a week 12 month & iHDL
Cost, interleaved (GDL once a week):
- GDL once a week 1 month & iHDL – $379
- GDL once a week 4 months & iHDL – $1,356 ($329/month)
- GDL once a week 6 months & iHDL
- GDL once a week 12 months & iHDL
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 month
- Skill level All Levels
- Language English to Hebrew
- Students 29
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes