This curriculum encompasses the following content in an integrative and coherent way, which is used in an interactive way to allow students to make significant progress in Hebrew while enjoying the process.
- Ten units from “That’s life” ebook
- Future tense in all 5 Binyanim
- Ten Israeli songs
- Ten E-Tone® articles/Virtual tours
- Enrichment materials- Hebrew and Israeli literature
The curriculum follows different characters who talk about problems from their family life or school incidents. Each character in its turn will present itself, its relationships with family and friends and a dilemma/problem related to that relationship. The student will encounter a teenage girl whose father embarrasses her on Facebook, jealous brothers, family feuds during a family vacation, etc. The stories encompass social and family-related phrases and expressions, thus enhancing the student’s ability to speak freely about his/her family and surroundings.
To lead the student to the following achievements:
- Learn future tense conjugations in all 5 Binyanim.
- Acquire the ability to express him/herself freely in emotional and social related topics, and carry out complex conversations.
- Experience Israeli culture via E-Tone® articles, songs, tours and literature pieces.
The curriculum is divided into 10 units which build the different skills (listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing) layer by layer.