- Vocabulary – starting with pronouns and gradually building toward a conversation on day-to-day subjects.
- Grammar: Infinitives- Binyan Pa’al (3 groups)
- Enrichment: Israeli songs
In addition, the curriculum includes vocabulary tests, Quizlet, activities booklets, Kahoot games, and final exams.
The Curriculum is based on a storyline that follows 2 characters, Orly (an Israeli student) and Yoel (an “Oleh Hadash”/new immigrant from Canada). Both lead the students from their random first meeting and throughout their growing knowledge of the Hebrew language, which grows as they experiment with different situations and places in Israel.
As the student makes his/her way through the book, the texts become longer and more complex and are based on grammatical structures that are learned alongside the text. All the units contain parts of Israeli songs, which enrich and well-suit the student’s Hebrew level.
To lead the student to the following achievements:
- Acquire an active vocabulary of 350 new words: pronouns, nouns, adjectives- all related to the core contents of the book.
- Master foundational concepts and basic dialogs: Acquaintance, family, shopping, directions, traveling and food.
- Learn numbers between 1-100, and becoming familiar with Israeli money (coins and bills).
- Build a grammatical base: 4 helping verbs (want, need, can, love) and mastering the use combined with Pa’al infinitives.
The curriculum is divided into 10 units which build the different skills (listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing) layer by layer.